Thursday, October 9, 2008

Book Club

The other day while at the library I noticed a flyer for a book club. I was excited to see it was a book club for 9-12 year olds! They have never offered anything for DS's age group before. The book for the month is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. All the copies were checked out of course, so we were a little bummed. We are still trying to locate a copy to borrow from someone before the meeting. I am hoping to get my hands on a copy this week so that he will have time to read it. I wish they had publicized the club (in the paper, maybe?) so that we had more notice, but at least we know now! Hopefully this ends up being something DS really enjoys!

2 comments:

Ms Eva said...

I looked in my home library... but I'm sorry to report I don't have that one! Sounds like great opportunity, though! :D

Ms Eva said...

Oh - did I ever tell you about PaperBackSwap? It's an online book swap... you pay only for shipping a book. I'm sure you could find Charlie & the Choc. Factory there...

To start, though, I think you need to list 10 books you don't want anymore. Doing so earns you 1 credit. Thereafter, when you want a book, the system debits 1 credit from your account. When you send a book to someone else, you earn a credit.

You can even create a wish list of books you want. The system will notify you by email when that book is listed by someone else. You can even set it up so the system will automatically send the person that lists a book you want an email and the book will be shipped to you automatically.

Check it out - www.paperbackswap.com