Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekly Report # 2

This was in incredibly busy week for us. We had a LOT going on and I was determined not to get thrown too far off track. I had to work all week and hubby was out of town so I played "single working parent- homeschooling mom" NOT AN EASY TASK by any means! We didn't accomplish all on the agenda, but we did ok. We even managed to take our first field trip of the school year. Not too bad considering I worked a 35 hour workweek on top of everything that we had going on!

MATH-
DD- Saxon Lesson 22-26
DS- Saxon Lesson 14-18
Played Yahtzee, Mancala

ENGLISH/LANGUAGE ARTS/WRITING-
Vocabulary Word "Sauros", looked up vocab words in dictionary,Review, Test
DD- Workbook #1 Pg 23-28 5 Senses,Adjectives,adverbs)
DD- Workbook #2 Pg 26-31 (Thinking, Reading, Language, Writing skills)
DS-LA Workbook Page 42-57 (Ending blends,Silent Consonants,vowel pairs)
Spelling Lesson #2
DD- Letter Writing
DD/DS- ZOO Scavenger Hunt
DD/DS- Animal fact worksheets

SCIENCE-
Field Trip to the zoo

HISTORY-
I read aloud from Dinosaurs of Eden- Pages 22-27

MUSIC/ART-
Coloring

READING-
Read aloud The Doll People Chapter 8-11
Silent Letters Loud and Clear by Robin Pulver

Read aloud the short story of Robin Hood, From Tiger to Anansi

Silent Reading 30 min daily

FOREIGN LANGUAGE
DD/DS- Started Rosetta Stone Spanish Level 1 Lesson 1.

SPORTS/EXTRA CURRICULAR/FIELD TRIPS-
Trip to the Zoo with Home school Group
DS-Football Practice 2hr 3x
DD- Cheer Practice 1x
DS- Sleepover at our house with a friend
DD/DS- Both kids mastered thier front flips on the trampoline this week!

4 comments:

Ms Eva said...

You got Rosetta Stone!! Yippee! Do they like it? Do you?

You could have listed the Zoo field trip under science as well. :)

Ms Eva said...

I think I forgot to say how excited I am that you all will be doing Latin. My hope is to begin Latin next year - what resources are you using? :)

Veni Vidi Vici

Oregon Mom said...

We got the homeschool edition so it comes with a workbook and ideas for cultural activities- other than that I don't know yet.

Oregon Mom said...

Oh- and as far as if we like it or not- It is too early too tell. DD is going to have to go through it a lot more slowly than I had originally planned- she has problems with pronunciation (In English as well LOL) and she gets frustrated easily- so we will see....
I myself, like it. I have been using it along with them :)