Friday, October 3, 2008

Our Cirriculum for 2008-2009

So after a lot of thought and lots of talks, I decided to go with a pre-planned cirriculum for the year. I looked through and researched quite a few until I was introduced to My Father's World. I fell in love with it instantly. The program I picked is a 4th grade level, but I feel confident that DS (3rd Grade) And DD (1st grade) are both more than capable of doing the work. It is based on taking an imaginary trip around the world. With a passport, converting money, eating foods from each country, among many of the fun activities. It is really hands on and I know both my kids will enjoy it as will I! I plan to take it slow and use the cirriculum planner as more of an outline rather than a "must do" Adding my own activities where I see fit and scrapping ones that I don't. I added Saxxon Math at each of thier grade levels. Hooked on Phonix, and Teach your Child to read in 100 easy Lessons for DD. Yellow Book for Language Arts (DS) as well as a hodgepodge of other interesting books that were given to me or that I had come across. We are keeping a Nature Journal and a Centuries book as well.
The following are just a few of them:
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

0 comments: